This is really such a simple project even the littlest can participate, if you don't mind maybe stained hands from the food coloring.
You will need:
Food coloring - we used yellow, orange and pink
A couple of small containers
Green Pipe Cleaners / Chenille Stems
Add a few drops of the food coloring to each pot and mix with a little water (our cups were about 1/4 full after mixing with water).
Buba decided to follow my advice and tried twisting up the papers in different way to watch how they absorbed the liquid. This gave us some cool tie-dye effects which was what I was after.
I think the boys could have dyed the entire packet of filters, they really did get carried away when they got going. We covered the table and then I told them we had to let them dry.
You could leave them to dry overnight but we have no patience so I set the oven to the lowest setting and put them in until they dried. I think I had the whole lot dry in about 20 minutes.
The girls arrived home at this point and as the boys had no interest in fiddling with the stems they let the girls turn them into flowers. To do this we pinched the middle of two or three papers together and twisted a green chenille stem around the end.
Looby found if she folded one filter paper into eighths and then bunched a second around it she could create a 'trumpet' similar to my Daffodils.
It took no time at all to use up all our filter papers and we ended up with a beautiful bunch of flowers.
Almost as beautiful as my Daffodils but I'm a little bias where they are concerned. The fact Looby had to spray them with 1D perfume doesn't help!